News and Events
- TFGBV Report Report on the prevalence of TFGBV during the 2023 PEI Provincial election & a policy reccomendation for pei political parties
- Nov 25 2023
- This report aims to serve as a starting point to introduce the topic of technology-facilitated gender-based violence and its direct connection to women’s political participation in Prince Edward Island.
- A Statement from the PEI Coalition for Women in Government Regarding questions asked during the Standing Committee on Health & Social Development October 5th, 2023
- Oct 05 2023
- Request for Proposal: BrandingDeadline EXTENDED: August 23, 2023
- Aug 07 2023
- The Coalition is requesting proposals for brand evaluation and consultation.
- PEI Coalition for Women in Government Welcomes New Executive DirectorSarah Outram is the new Executive Director of the PEI Coalition for Women in Government
- Jul 31 2023
- Employment Opportunity: Program OfficerDeadline to apply: August 11, 2023
- Jul 31 2023
- The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is seeking a Program Officer to coordinate the implementation of various projects throughout the year.
- Employment Opportunity: Administrative CoordinatorThe PEI Coalition for Women in Government is hiring a full-time administrative coordinator for a 10-week tenure.
- May 17 2023
PEI in 2023
- 0% of MPs in PEI are women
- 26% of MLAs are women
- 25% of PEI Senators are women
- 50% of Lennox Island Band Council are women
- 25% of Abegweit Band Council members are women
How Does PEI Compare?
Percentage of women in provincial, territorial and national legislatures (2019):
|Rank||Jurisdiction||% of Women in Legislature|
|1||Northwest Territories||47.3% (9/19)|
|3||British Columbia||42.4% (37/87)|
|8||Nova Scotia||27.2% (15/55)|
|10||New Brunswick||26.5% (13/49)|
|12||Prince Edward Island||26% (7/27)|
|13||Newfoundland and Labrador||22.5% (9/40)|