News and Events
- Governance Review: Request for ProposalsRFP for Governance Consultants
- Jul 16 2020
- The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is seeking proposals to coordinate a review of the governance of the organisation, in such a way that the operational procedures fit the unique needs of the Coalition.
- Coalition Student Award Made PermanentThe Famous Five Graduating Student Award has been endowed for perpetuity at UPEI.
- Jun 26 2020
- To encourage and celebrate women in leadership positions, the Coalition, along with the Government of Prince Edward Island have endowed a scholarship at UPEI.
- Coalition Commends Abolition of Evening Sitting Hours in PEI Legislative AssemblyThe Legislative Assembly has voted to abolish evening sessions
- Jun 11 2020
- On June 10, 2020, the PEI Legislative Assembly has voted to approve the abolishing of evening sitting hours as well as the implementation of a parliamentary calendar with fixed dates and alignment with the school year.
- New Leadership for Women in Government CoalitionSweta Daboo is the new Executive Director for the Coalition
- May 13 2020
- The board and steering committee of the PEI Coalition for Women in Government are happy to announce that Sweta Daboo has been named the new Executive Director. Congratulations and welcome, Sweta!
- Employment Opportunity: Executive DirectorJob Advertisement
- Mar 27 2020
- The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is seeking a dynamic and engaged leader to help the organization advance women’s leadership in the political, civic, and democratic life of PEI
- Trauma-Informed Policy Project: Request for ProposalsRFP for a Project Coordinator
- Jan 09 2020
- The Coalition for Women in Government is seeking proposals to coordinate a project on trauma-informed policy as a tool to help organizations and institutions prevent and address violence against women, particularly in political contexts.
PEI in 2019
- 0% of MPs in PEI are women
- 26% of MLAs are women
- 25% of PEI Senators are women
- 32% of municipal councillors are women
- 50% of Lennox Island Band Council are women
- 25% of Abegweit Band Council members are women
How Does PEI Compare?
Percentage of women in provincial, territorial and national legislatures (2019):
|Rank||Jurisdiction||% of Women in Legislature|
|9||Prince Edward Island||26%|
|11||Newfoundland and Labrador||22.5%|