News and Events
- Employment Opportunity: Administrative CoordinatorThe PEI Coalition for Women in Government is hiring a full-time administrative coordinator for a 10-week tenure.
- May 17 2023
- Employment Opportunity: Executive DirectorThe PEI Coalition for Women in Government is seeking a leader to help the organization meet its mission of advancing women's leadership in the political, civic and democratic life on Prince Edward Island.
- May 17 2023
- Women Leaders Invited to Symposium in CharlottetownWomen Leadership Symposium to be held in Charlottetown from March 31 to April 2
- Feb 06 2023
- The PEI Coalition for Women in Government invites all women and gender-diverse leaders to a free 2.5-day symposium in Charlottetown from March 31 to April 2, 2023. Full event details will be released during the next two weeks.
- Municipal Campaign Schools 2022We are offering 4 campaign schools this summer ahead of Municipal Elections.
- Jun 29 2022
- The Coalition has partnered with the Federation of PEI Municipalities to offer campaign schools to women this summer ahead of the 2022 Municipal Elections.
- Employment OpportunitiesWe are hiring a Program Officer and an Administrative Coordinator
- Mar 16 2022
- The Coalition is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, as well as a Program Officer to coordinate the implementation of various projects throughout the year.
- Governance Review: Request for ProposalsRFP for Governance Consultants
- Jul 16 2020
- The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is seeking proposals to coordinate a review of the governance of the organisation, in such a way that the operational procedures fit the unique needs of the Coalition.
PEI in 2022
- 0% of MPs in PEI are women
- 26% of MLAs are women
- 0% of PEI Senators are women
- 50% of Lennox Island Band Council are women
- 25% of Abegweit Band Council members are women
How Does PEI Compare?
Percentage of women in provincial, territorial and national legislatures (2019):
|Rank||Jurisdiction||% of Women in Legislature|
|1||Northwest Territories||47.3% (9/19)|
|3||British Columbia||42.4% (37/87)|
|8||Nova Scotia||27.2% (15/55)|
|10||New Brunswick||26.5% (13/49)|
|12||Prince Edward Island||26% (7/27)|
|13||Newfoundland and Labrador||22.5% (9/40)|