Employment Opportunity: Executive Director
The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is seeking a dynamic and engaged leader to help the organization advance women’s leadership in the political, civic, and democratic life of PEI
JOB TITLE: Executive Director, PEI Coalition for Women in Government
Research by the PEI Coalition for Women in Government has shown that if current trends continue, it will be 65 years before we see gender parity in the PEI Legislature. The Coalition is seeking a dynamic and engaged leader to help the organization change trends for the better.
The Coalition for Women in Government is a non-partisan organization dedicated to advancing women’s leadership in the political, civic, and democratic life of PEI. Our vision is for better outcomes for PEI from leaders as diverse as the population. The coalition is committed to working collaboratively in the community and planning its actions based on the best evidence and analysis available, always with an intersectional feminist lens.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the Coalition’s operations, including programs, projects, and events.
- Speaks publicly, including in media and social media, on behalf of the organization in support of its vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Conducts research and analysis applying gender and diversity lenses to inform strategic goals.
- Leads development and implementation of consistent policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
- Oversees and reports on the organization’s results for board of trustees and steering committee.
- Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of any volunteers, contract staff, and contractors.
- Supervises the development of operations-based financial modelling.
- Coordinates budget reviews and periodic forecast updates with the board of trustees.
- Leads collaborative relationships with organizations and individuals in support of strategic goals.
- Ensures that funding relationships and community relationships and partnerships are healthy enough to meet or exceed strategic goals.
- Communicates research findings, gender and diversity analysis, and programming results to the board, steering committee, and the public.
- Leads public and community education on the importance of the Coalition’s vision, mission, and work and the best practices to support these.
Skills and Experience
The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is seeking applications from individuals who have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Working (includes volunteering) in the not-for-profit sector, preferably in a leadership role, working collaboratively and responsively with Boards of Directors, Steering Committees, or Advisory Boards,
- Managing day-to-day administrative operations of an organization or business
- Managing communications with media, social media, and the public
- Managing staff and/or working collaboratively with contractors
- Writing successful grant applications and/or leading fundraising campaigns
- Coordinating projects, activities, and events
The Coalition is seeking an individual with proven skills including the following:
- Excellent speaking, writing, and communications in English (capacity in French an asset)
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships
- Facilitating small groups
- Understanding financial statements and reports
- Research, analysis, and knowledge transfer
- Preventing and resolving conflict
- Applying non-partisan, intersectional, and feminist lenses to work
A complete application will include a cover letter and a resume highlighting relevant experience and skills, to be submitted as a PDF by email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. ADT on Friday, April 10, 2020. Only applicants who are asked for an interview will be contacted.
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), or as negotiated
- Starting Salary: $50,000 to $55,000 yearly, commensurate with skills and experience
- Contract: One-year, renewable to three
- Benefits: Health and family benefits
- Start Date: May 1, 2020 or as early as possible
COVID-19 NOTE: The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is committed to our collective responsibility to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus. Interview arrangements for applicants and work arrangements for the successful candidate will follow advice from PEI public health officials. Interviews are likely to be by teleconference, and tele-work options will be available for the person who is hired.