Employment Opportunity: Administrative Coordinator
The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is hiring a full-time administrative coordinator for a 10-week tenure.
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is a non-partisan organization dedicated to advancing women’s leadership in the political, civic, and democratic life of PEI. Our vision is that Women’s political and civic involvement at all levels is equitable and as diverse as the population.
The PEI Coalition for Women in Government is seeking a detail-oriented individual to organize and coordinate office administration and procedures.
Accountable to: Executive Director
Contract Duration: 10 weeks
Pay rate: $16-18/hour
Hours: Full-time (35 hours/week)
Administrative Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support with programs and projects
- Contribution of ideas and content for communications
- Maintain records as required
- Support with daily bookkeeping tasks
- Assist with correspondence and communications
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of intersectional approaches
- Knowledge of membership management software such as Wild Apricot is an asset
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
This position is in part funded thanks to the Canada Summer Jobs, which means that applicants need to:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment, and
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
People from marginalized communities, including but not limited to women, indigenous people, people with disabilities, people of colour, queer and trans people, people who have migrated, refugee, or immigrant and people of low socioeconomic status are especially encouraged to apply. Please indicate in your cover letter if you consider yourself to be a member of a marginalized community and would like to be considered as such for the purpose of this hiring process.
A complete application will include a cover letter and a resume highlighting relevant experience and skills, to be submitted as a PDF by email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. ADT on Thursday, May 25, 2023. Only applicants who are asked for an interview will be contacted.